Careers with Secure Pointe
Local Awareness, Regional Scale, and International Standards
Our mission is to deliver security services at a high international standard to our clients in Mexico and Latin America.
We are always interested in meeting people in the region who have a commitment to discretion, integrity, and responsiveness. If you are interested in job opportunities with Secure Pointe, plese contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
K9 Handler (3 positions in Georgetown, Guyana)
Secure Pointe is hiring three full-time K9 Handlers to support its security services for clients in Guyana. K9 Handlers work with their dogs to detect a specific substance that the canine is trained to identify. During their daily routine, K9 teams may search luggage, small bags, and cargo shipments at facilities in Georgetown and elsewhere in Guyana.
Once hired, each K9 Handler will be paired with a fully trained dog and undergo a four-week training course delivered by an expert K9 detection team trainer. At the end of the training, you and your assigned dog will be ready to ensure the workplace safety and security for large companies with facilities and employees in Guyana. You will also be required to perform a rotational yet routine 24/7 duty for maintenance care of your K9 partner, at the Secure Pointe facility.
We will train you, but you must bring the character, commitment, and dedication to get through rigorous training and a commitment to excellence. You will be receiving valuable training that costs USD$15k, in a field that is certain to grow with Guyana’s economic expansion. We want people who are interested in a career and not just a job.
- Conduct searches of luggage and cargo, with your dog.
- Report the results of all searches, including any detections, to the onsite authority.
- Keep daily records of training and searches.
- Provide all basic maintenance care for their dogs including feeding, walking, grooming, bathing, and taking the dog out for bathroom breaks throughout the search assignment.
- Conduct regular detection training to keep the dog sharp, and to monitor its effectiveness in detecting planted samples.
- Promptly arrive at the Secure Pointe facility when required.
- Authorization to work in Guyana.
- High school graduate.
- Some work experience in a service setting that required regular interactions with people.
- Desire to care for a dog, and a high comfort level around dogs and people.
- Confidence that you can be trained to understand canine behavioral signals (e.g., fear, fatigue, aggression) and take appropriate action.
- Ability to handle the K9 and document areas of interest and make quick decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to thoroughly follow written processes and verbal instructions.
- Ability to organize one's own schedule while being timely and dependable.
- Attention to detail and excellent common sense.
- Willing to work outside in all types of weather at a variety of locations.
- Professional manner.
- Guyana driver license, which will be validated with the government.
- Two professional references.
- Excellent driving record.
More About the Position
We expect training to begin on or around April 1, 2021.
The Secure Pointe office & kennel facility is currently located in Happy Acres, East Coast Demerara.
This is a full-time position. Searches are usually performed during weekday daylight hours, but unscheduled searches will occasionally require work at other times.
The monthly salary range for these positions is GYD$150,000 - GYD$200,000.
Candidates must pass a drug test to be employed by Secure Pointe. You may also be asked to pass a driving test.
Candidates who successfully complete Secure Pointe’s training will be employed for six months on a probationary basis.
To apply for one of these positions, please contact us.
About Secure Pointe
Secure Pointe is an international security and risk management company that helps client protect their people, assets, and reputation in Latin America. Secure Pointe established an office in Georgetown, Guyana at the request of clients who were looking for a best-in-class solution that combined international standards with local expertise. Our goal is to be the number one employer in Guyana for individuals who are looking to grow and progress in the security industry and have a desire to help Guyana prosper in the face of major economic change.
Our Core Values
Our clients come first.
We are working to better the safety and security of Guyana.
We take accountability for our actions.
We work as a team but are entrusted and expected to operate as individuals.
At Secure Pointe we believe that cultural specialization matters in security and risk management. In fact, we believe it is critical.
This is why we focus on the Latin American market, applying deep regional experience, linguistic ability, and cultural knowledge to help our clients navigate the often complex situations that confront them in the region.
Our focus allows us to provide our clients with solutions that are not only based on a deeper understanding of the environment, but also solutions which are less likely to result in friction points within the cultures where they operate.
Houston, Texas (Headquarters)
9595 Six Pines Drive, Suite 8210
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
+1 (346) 345-4250
Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
Insurgentes Sur No 377, PH 2
Colonia Hipodromo Condesa
Mexico City, (CDMX), Mexico C.P. 06100
+52 (55) 5035-8029
120 Karona Avenue
+1 (346) 345-4252